Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Annandale Advocate smoking ban news

The Annandale Advocate has numerous editorials and a story on a proposed smoking ban.

I have been in Tootsies a time or two. I understand Dale's concerns about the smoking ban. However, bars in the Twin Cities that lose significant amounts of money lose such because other cities or counties allow smoking. Putting everyone on the same playing field is fair.

A statewide ban would be fairer to the businesses, Erdmann said, because if one county banned smoking, customers wouldn't be able to drive to the next county to indulge their habit.

Exactly.

"I just don't think it should be the government's say what you can and can't do."People shouldn't smoke in the dining room where people are eating, he said.

But "you have the option to say, 'I don't want to be there.'"

"I'm opposed to it period because you're taking away your constitutional rights."

"I just think it's none of their business."

Constitutional right to smoke? Thomas Jefferson and his Koran would be so proud!

No comments: