Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Strib support the troops LTE

Exposing yet another issue...body armor, health care, longer deployments, now their pay?

Who am I kidding, pay has been an issue for quite some time as well!

pay cuts for the guard

Where's the support?

As a soldier in one of the Minnesota National Guard units assigned to return to Kosovo, it is disappointing to hear about the loss of our combat pay, imminent danger pay and tax-free pay status once in country (Star Tribune, March 8).

I'm not complaining about being deployed. My last trip there filled me with a great sense of accomplishment and pride. The pay I received last time was enough to ease the pain in pocketbook from being deployed. I'll be losing quite a bit of money this time around. As a member of the volunteer, professional army, the pay is one of the reasons I enlisted in the first place.

Thanks again, Washington, for "supporting the troops."

ROBB LUTZ, ST. PAUL

No comments: