Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fisking the Olson letter

Well, I've fisked my share of Tinklenberg letters over the past 6 months. I'll never forget the Salmon dinner and the fundrasing plea.

We received the latest Olson letter last night. What a difference a month makes.

A month or so ago, they had field, fundraising, and communications coordinators. Looks to me like they have one now, filling all three positions!
In the 6th District we have two candidates vying for the DFL Endorsement. I am supporting Bob Olson because he has the best chance to beat Michele Bachmann. He has the stances that will allow him to take votes away from Mrs. Bachmann, and beat her with those same votes.

What? I think I know what they're trying to say...but damn!
Bob has a strong, dedicated staff and enough money in the bank to give Mrs. Bachmann her ticket home.

I'm anxiously awaiting the FEC reports for Tinklenberg and Olson. I've heard through the grapevine that Tinklenberg's fundraising has been lacking. I'd be willing to bet that Olson trails Tinklenberg for a second consecutive quarter in fundraising, no matter how much of his own money he interjects into his campaign.

The release of FEC reports will answer that question.

As I have stated before, the race is over. The endorsement in the 3rd today was strikingly similar to the race in the 6th in 2006. It had the same feel.

Two weeks from today, I'm guessing Elwyn Tinklenberg will be our endorsed candidate in the 6th, most likely on the first ballot.

No comments: