Thursday, July 09, 2009

Maureen Reed posts big fundraising numbers!!

Caught an email in my spam folder from Maureen Reed for Congress...

You should be among the first to know: in our first eight weeks the campaign has set a sizzling pace. We have raised over $230,000! Given your history of political involvement, you know this is a “Wow!” number. You also know that fundraising is the earliest signal of strength, organization, hard work and public confidence.

Our campaign has had this incredible success because Minnesotans like you simply want to make a difference. And when Minnesotans are confident they can make a big difference, they are unbelievably generous. They know this campaign has exactly what it takes to beat Michele Bachmann.

So if that’s the current state of affairs, what’s the past? I was born in southern Minnesota and attended the University of Minnesota undergraduate and medical schools. My husband Jim Hart and I have lived just west of Stillwater for almost three decades. I have practiced medicine in the Twin Cities for over 20 years, served as President of Aspen Medical Group and Medical Director of HealthPartners, led the Parks and Trails Council of Minnesota, and chaired the University of Minnesota Board of Regents.

And what’s the future? Real people, real problems, real opportunity. I am running for Congress to help 6th District residents with their real issues. The future that people want is that of business expansion, job growth, home ownership and lower health care costs. That’s the future that I see. That’s the future that can be. That’s why I’m running for Congress.

We are at the beginning of a very exciting race. Our first two months are just the first indication of the hard work, dedication and success you will come to expect from us. I hope you will be one of our earliest team members.

I invite you to visit our website at www.maureenreedforcongress.com to learn more about the campaign and join our effort.

Just as importantly, please help me learn more about you and your most important issues. Email me from the campaign website and give me your opinions, suggestions and advice. I look forward to hearing from you.

With determination,


Maureen Reed

I'm still waiting for the FEC reports to come out to put some perspective on this, but nonetheless, $230,000 is a big number!


Ladies and gentlemen...we have a race in the 6th.

BTW, Muse beat me to this about 8 hours ago...

1 comment:

Emma Olson said...

Wow! What a number!