Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Randy Wilson announces in SD 18

From the McLeod County Chronicle

Wilson to run for Senate seat
Last Friday afternoon, Glencoe Mayor Randy Wilson announced he will be running for the District 18 state Senate seat in the fall 2010 election.

The seat is currently held by State Sen. Steve Dille, R-Dassel. Dille announced last month that he will not seek re-election.

Wilson announced he will run as a Republican, and will seek the District 18 Republican Party endorsement. But he did not rule out running in the primary if he does not receive the party endorsement.

"With the opening of the Senate seat in District 18, I would like to earn your support as a Republican candidate," Wilson said in making his announcement.

"While the 2010 elections seem a long time from now, the candidates interested in the open seat do need to start the process of meeting the people they desire to serve.

"We should give everyone an opportunity to learn which candidate will best represent their interests in St. Paul. I believe my experience as mayor of Glencoe and as a business owner for 23 years has given me the background to serve as your next state Senator in Senate District 18," Wilson said.

3 comments:

Nolan said...

Yet another Republican that has prematurily hopped into a race. Did they not get candidate training 101 about having your ducks in a row before runnning. This post is the first thing that pops up when you Google Wilson. A shell of a website would be nice. Oh well, it's good to see that there is already 1 inept politician in the race, with many more to follow I'm sure. I hope he takes it the primary.

Nolan said...

And I hope I proof read my comment next time.

JLeuze said...

I saw this in the Hutchinson Leader, they had this quote:

Even if he doesn’t get the party’s blessing at its endorsing convention next year, “I’m going to run in the primary,” he said. “At this point, I plan to.”

Doing so is his constitutional right, Wilson said, as advocates of bringing government back to constitutional basics should understand. “We do have a constitution and, if I understand the role, you are to represent everyone.”


It sounds like he should be seeking the Constitution Party's endorsement.

I can only hope he turns this into a three way race, that's probably the only way a Democrat could stand a chance!