Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Global warming, a local spin

It seems as though we have naysayers amongst us out here as well. Hell, if Michelle Bachmann says global warming is a fallacy, then it must be.

Before Bachmann ran out here for Congress, here is a story from a local paper.

"I’m not convinced that global warming is real. It might be, but it seems to me we don’t have enough data. If half of Minnesota was covered by glaciers only 10,000 years ago, we might be in the middle of a 20,000-year cycle and this weather might be perfectly normal."

and

"I remember in May 2005 it snowed in the Twin Cities, convincing me that Minnesota has horribly long winters. Instead of a catastrophe, maybe global warming will be an improvement."

It's December 13th today...and its 43 out right now. Snow? Non-existent. The lake even has standing water and holes through the ice today. No, I am not walking on it.

I suggest a viewing of "The Inconvienient Truth". I challenge naysayers to research the data used, it seems to have withstood peer reviewed research already.

The denial is troubling to me. We only have a short amount of time here on Earth. A short amount of time to make a difference, make this place better for those coming after us.

This is why we need a holistic energy policy. We need a "Manhattan Project" for renewable energy. A project of this magnitude will create global change and provide our nation with energy independence.

No comments: