Saturday, September 22, 2007

Welcome Home Armyofdude!

His first post back in the states!

Welcome Home Alex!

There is said to be three stages of clarity about one's life in a war. I didn't come up with the theory, but I sure have felt it. At the beginning, you feel like you're invincible and if anything bad happens, it's going to happen to some other guy. Then when people start to get hurt and killed, you think to yourself, I better look out or I'll be next. The final stage comes after the second one wears on you after awhile. Your thought is, I'm going to die next unless I make it out of here as soon as possible.

I entered the final stage on March 14, and there it remained until August 25.


Think about that. More than 5 months with the feeling that you will die unless you make it out of there as soon as possible. We cannot begin to fathom what this war is doing to a new generation of Veterans.

The right wing cowards in Congress won't allow soldiers to spend an amount of time at home, equal to that of their deployment?

Perhaps some of these "leaders" need to spend more than a night in a heavily protected, swanky Green Zone hotel.

Keep up the great work Alex...hit up the Engine House #9 and have a 4 Alarm Oatmeal Stout for me!

No comments: