Monday, March 17, 2008

It's over in the 6th

I woke up this morning to snow and Political Muse's post on the debate last night.

What's that song by Crosby, Stills, & Nash: "If you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with."

Apparently, Olson was not very impressive last night in Anoka, I'm guessing here, but my gut tells me it was similar to his speech at the Wright County Breakfast of Champions.

Bob Olson is a great man. His vision for the campaign to take on Michele Bachmann was powerful and courageous. I did not witness last nights events. However I have a gut feeling of how it went down last night.

There is a fine line between talking about your opponents past, his/her weaknesses, etc, and purely mean spirited attacks. I recognize that some will think I am equally as guilty. Fine, but I must remind you that Elwyn Tinklenberg has still not provided a genuine answer to many of the concerns raised here, Liberal in the Land of Conservative, Developers are Crabgrass, and other blogs.

As the anointed nominee in the 6th, Elwyn Tinklenberg still has questions to answer. He just has more time now to get his answers straight, because Michele Bachmann will ask them, and in much tougher fashion than Blueman, Muse, or Bob Olson ever did.

Muse also points out the smug nature of Tinklenberg's campaign. Note to the Tink Group, don't get too smug, you're now running against the toughest campaigner and the toughest politician in the state.

His nuanced positions on gun control, choice, GLBT, Iraq, will hurt his efforts in the 6th as well, specifically his gun control stances.

With that said, I agree with Muse. It's time for Bob Olson to exit the race in the 6th. Bob, you have gone as far as you can.

I have a great deal of respect for Bob and those that work for him. After a weekend in which Wright County and SD 49 went to Tinklenberg, and with SD 14 and 15 looming on the horizon, it's best for you to end the campaign now.

That's not easy to write, nor say, but it's the right thing to do.

Congratulations Elwyn.

1 comment:

Bounced Checks Berg said...

I could be wrong, but I don't think there was "a mean-spirited attack" from Bob Olson; at one point, he told a story of his conversation with Judge Miles Lord, and how Judge Lord asked if Olson would present the information Lord was providing. I took it as Olson keeping his word, to a Judge.

And quite frankly, it's disturbing to think that Tink is OK with putting taconite into asphalt.

I'll be contacting my city, to see if there's any taconite bein' dumped into the roads our children play next to.

And I can tell you - there better damned well not be.