Monday, January 08, 2007

Andy Birkey on Emmer's smoking ban non-sense

As many of you know, Tom Emmer is not a big fan of the government "interfering with one's civil liberties." (Unkess you are gay or a woman)

The first several times I read Emmer's LTE, which has appeared across the state, I was struck in awe by his opening statement. I have pondered many times how Mr Emmer came about such a strong opening statement.

"I'm a married man and not gay. I dislike gays. But my distaste for the habit dosen't give me cause to have the state manage individual rights."

Naw...

"I'm a man, would never need to have an abortion. I dislike abortion. But my distaste for the procedure doesnt give me cause to have the state manage individual rights."

Naw...

"I don’t smoke. I don’t like smoke. But my distaste for the habit doesn’t give me cause to have the state manage individual rights."

Exactly!

Andy Birkey from the Minnesota Monitor writes on the connections between Emmer's rhetoric on same sex marriage and a smoking ban. Spot on Andy!

No comments: