Thursday, May 10, 2007

I love email lists

As I say, revenge is a dish best served cold.

The last few years, I have played jokes on some of my conservative friends, putting them on email lists for the "30 something Democrats" and other mainstream progressive groups.

Revenge has been bestowed upon me.

My SCSU email account is filled with stuff from Ann Coulter, the Minuteman Project, Conservative Singles, and many others.

Today, Newt Gingrich emailed me. Yeah...the guy who cheated on his wife while questioning Bill Clinton's morality.

It was interesting though...
Dear NRCC supporter,

American voters sent a clear message to Congress last fall: solve the
problems that are plaguing our nation and return to conservative ideals.


Um, excuse me Newt. I am quite certain that was not the clear message Americans sent Congress.

Americans are fed up with how the leadership in Washington was leading this country.

Iraq has been mismanaged from the start. 3400 American soldiers are dead and more than 25000 wounded. Yet, "Mission Accomplished" occurred 4 years ago.

Americans are tired of the scandal plagued executive branch and the conservative representation that defends every misstep of this administration.

They are tired of the divisive nature of identity politics, segmenting America by their beliefs on same sex marriage and abortion rights. When working and middle class Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, the corporate whores are living the high life.

And that's not the beer commercial either.

The message to Congress is clear. That's why numerous Republicans met with the President yesterday, discussing his lack of movement on Iraq policy. The longer the President waits, the more harm he is doing to his party.

I don't really care about that though...

The longer he waits, the more soldiers and Veterans he screws over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my Ann Coulter e-mails!