Monday, July 20, 2009

A VETERAN ATTACKS MDE FOR ATTACKING A VETERAN, ATTACKING A VETERAN WHO WRONGFULLY ATTACKED A VETERAN

(ALL CAPS HEADLINES ARE RESERVED FOR RIDICULOUS MDE POST RESPONSES)

I'm just curious here...which one of those MDE clowns served a day in our nations military?

So Ryan Flynn (not the Ryan Flynn, just that Ryan Flynn) and his merry men at MDE took a shot at the ole Two Putter...

All in the defense of Dave Thul, an Iraq War Vet. While I appreciate and am grateful for Thul's service to this great nation, I think he's severely misguided and over his head on his recent witch hunt of Congressman Walz.

That said, Thul has some explaining to do.

Why didn't Thul identify himself as the Co-Chair of the Steele County Republican Party? He spent time identifying himself as a blogger, a constituent, a Veteran, but failed to identify himself by his partisan title, Co-Chair of the Steele County Republicans.

In 2006, Walz lost Steele County to Gil Gutenecht 8,166-7,006.

In 2008, Tim Walz PWNED Brian Davis in Steele County 11,994-6,146.

Come to think of it...I wouldn't admit if I were the Steele County Republican Co-Chair either...not after getting beat 2-1 by Walz in my own county.

The premise of Thul's attack on Congressman Walz is that he hasn't been honest. Thul's own omission of his partisan position was an intentional lie, he served to deceive the Walz staffers and try to embarrass them.

He only succeeded in embarrassing himself...

And then there is Thul's abuse of offical military email to disparage The President of the United States and a member of Congress.

As Muse points out, Thul has been asked about his abuse of his @us.army.mil email address, consistently trying to change the subject.

Back in the day, when I was an active duty Infantryman, we had a soldier in our company that was called before our Commander for some President Clinton and oral sex jokes.

Once a Commander allows a soldier, especially a Non-Commissioned Officer like Sergeant Thul, to abuse his power and act in an insubordinate manner towards his Commander in Chief, unit discipline slips, morale and esprit de corps fall apart.

Perhaps Sergeant Thul should take a refresher course of PLDC or maybe spend a few hours remembering his creed, the Creed of the Non-Commissioned Officer.
No one is more professional than I. I am a Noncommissioned Officer, a leader of soldiers. As a Noncommissioned Officer, I realize that I am a member of a time honored corps, which is known as "The Backbone of the Army". I am proud of the Corps of Noncommissioned Officers and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit upon the Corps, the Military Service and my country regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will not use my grade or position to attain pleasure, profit, or personal safety.

Competence is my watchword. My two basic responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind -- accomplishment of my mission and the welfare of my soldiers. I will strive to remain technically and tactically proficient. I am aware of my role as a Noncommissioned Officer. I will fulfill my responsibilities inherent in that role. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership. I know my soldiers and I will always place their needs above my own. I will communicate consistently with my soldiers and never leave them uninformed. I will be fair and impartial when recommending both rewards and punishment.

Officers of my unit will have maximum time to accomplish their duties; they will not have to accomplish mine. I will earn their respect and confidence as well as that of my soldiers. I will be loyal to those with whom I serve; seniors, peers, and subordinates alike. I will exercise initiative by taking appropriate action in the absence of orders. I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage. I will not forget, nor will I allow my comrades to forget that we are professionals, Noncommissioned Officers, leaders!
These are not merely words...they serve as the backbone of what Sergeant's and NCO's do. In my humble opinion, the 10 most important words of this creed are: "I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage".

Well Mr. Thul...one out of two ain't bad. Right?

Notice to the NARN crowd.

Golf weekend is this weekend (Wed-Sun), so don't expect Blueman to interrupt 18 holes at Sugarbrooke to "appear" on the 10,000 watt flamethrower, 1280 The Patriot...we wouldn't want our favorite NARN folks to have another hissy fit, like in 2007.

No comments: